Create a bird-friendly bird watching environment with our newly launched waterproof WiFi camera kit. A user-friendly installation allows you to begin bird watching after a simple setup, just plug and see.
Watch amazing close-up shots of eggs and chicks in the exquisitely crafted cedar birdhouse wirelessly on your smartphone or tablet with great convenience.
This gift kit contains a cedar wooden birdhouse and an outdoor WiFi bird box camera. It is a perfect gift for birdwatchers, nature lovers and retired people to get closer to the wildlife and nature right in their backyard. It offers a mutually beneficial approach to provide a comfortable shelter for nesting birds while enjoying the pleasure of bird watching anytime, anywhere.
The outdoor WiFi bird box camera (registered design number: 6106499) employs a 2.5mm wide-angle lens (120°) with an adjustable focus to produce 3MP color images by day and generates sharp black and white images by night with invisible infrared LEDs. Controllable daytime LEDs ensures better image quality even in low-light conditions (limited to daytime use only). This WiFi bird box camera is completely weatherproof, equipped with a bird-proof metallic antenna to enhance the WiFi signal. Hear every cheep and whistle with an in-camera microphone to pick up every little sound. You can watch live or recorded videos remotely on your smartphone, tablet or PC via a free app. Motion detection with instant push messages ensures you will never miss a moment. Account sharing enables convenient sharing among family and friends. The outdoor WiFi bird box camera supports both SD card (memory card not included) and PC software storage for regular playbacks.
Made of natural cedar wood (naturally weatherproof and rot-resistant), this birdhouse offers great durability for years of outdoor deployment, featuring a roomy interior and a simple mounting point to install the mini WiFi bird box camera. A 38mm stainless steel cover plate is pre-installed around the entrance to stop even the most aggressive attackers from enlarging the hole. Three more protective cover plates (25/28/32mm) are included for adjustment and customization. Removable rooftop and front panel of the birdhouse provide easy access for regular clean-outs after one brood. A window is carved on one side covered with a removable panel (translucent) for illumination. The grooved front wall helps newborn fledglings climb out of the bird box. The mesh floor and ventilators at the bottom greatly maximize air circulation and drainage to ensure maximum sanitation and prevent insect infestation.
+ How it works
1. Activate and configure the camera via the app.
2. Insert the memory card (not included) into the SD card slot and seal it with a sticker.
3. Video and audio is transmitted wirelessly via WiFi to your router.
4. Watch live feeds anywhere you go, using a smartphone, tablet and PC.
- Ideal gift kit for backyard bird-watching
- 3MP fully-detailed color images
- 2.5mm adjustable wide-angle lens
- Waterproof design with metallic antenna
- WiFi connectivity with reduced cabling
- Watch on smartphone, tablet and PC
- Invisible night vision and controllable daytime LEDs
- Motion detection and instant notifications
- Cedar birdhouse with bird-friendly designs
- Removable panels for easy camera mounting
- Solid construction of high durability
+ What is included?
- 1. Outdoor WiFi Bird Box Camera
- 2. Natural Cedar Birdhouse
- 3. Waterproof 10 meters DC extension cable
- 4. DC12V power adaptor
- 5. Bracket and screws pack
- 6. Gift Box
Input voltage: +12 VDC
Power consumption:2.5 W (max)
Sensor type: 1/3 inch Type CMOS Sensor
Sensor pixels: 2288*1288
Sensitivity: 0.5 lx (IR off) 0 lx (IR on)
Main-stream Resolution: 2288*1288@15fps, 1920*1080@25fps
Sub-stream Resolution: 4CIF@25fps
Video compression: H.265, H.264 MP (Main Profile)
3D DNR: Yes
- Night vision
Distance: < 1 m LED: 4 LEDs high efficiency array, 940 nm
Lens type: 2.5 mm MP lens, Fixed Iris F1.4
Field of View: H: 120º
Lens mount: Board mounted
Day & Night: Auto ICR Switch
Audio input: Built-in mic
Audio compression: G.711 (live and recording)
- Software Control
Unit configuration: Via web browser or PC surveillance software
- Local Storage
Memory card slot: Supports up to 128 GB micro SD card(SD card sells separately)
Recording: Continuous recording, Motion/schedule recording
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP,ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP,SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE,UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operating temperature Camera: -20 ºC to 55 ºC
Storage temperature: -20 ºC to 70 ºC
Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
+ Q: Is this camera waterproof / weather proof?
- A: Yes, this outdoor WiFi bird box camera is housed in an IP66-rated waterproof casing to withstand any imaginable weather conditions, which gives you more flexibility in positioning the camera.
+ Q: Is the DC power connector waterproof? I’m concerned that the bird box isn’t well-sealed so there’s a risk that water could get to this joint.
- A: Carrying (Ingress Protection) IP ratings of IP66, the included DC 12V power adapter features all-round protection for the connector to secure a safe connection in outdoor use, ideal to deal with moisture and contaminants in harsh environments. But AC outlets need to be protected from any form of moisture since most of them are not designed for outdoor applications.
+ Q: What should I consider during the installation?
- A: The wireless signal strength. You can test the WiFi coverage with your mobile phone and the signal should be better than average. Otherwise, you may add a Wi-Fi repeater to enhance the Wi-Fi signal around the birdhouse mounting location.
+ Q: Can it be powered by a 12V rechargeable battery?
- A: Yes, it can work with a 12V rechargeable battery, such as Lead Acid Motorcycle battery, Nickle Cadmium Motorcycle battery and Lithium Lon Motorcycle battery. But this camera is only compatible with batteries that have a maximum voltage of 12V. Anything above this threshold will cause a short-circuit or electrical shock.
+ Q: Does this camera work on my 5.8 GHz WiFi network?
- A：No, this camera only operates on the 2.4 GHz band WiFi router. Fortunately, most of the dual-band routers or mesh networks supply both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. For dual-band WiFi networks with separated SSIDs, you need to connect the camera to the “2.4Ghz” WiFi.
+ Q: How do you get it to focus better?
- A: To sharpen the image quality, simply rotate the lens clockwise or counter-clockwise to adjust the focus.
+ Q: Can the daytime LEDs be turned off?
- A: Yes, you can turn off the daytime LEDs via the iCSee app. Beware these LEDs are limited to daytime use only because long-term exposure to artificial light at night will jeopardize the sleeping hygiene and breeding success of the nesting birds.
+ Q: Can the birdhouse camera record audio?
- A: Yes.Our birdhouse camera comes witha mini built-in microphone, so you can hear the voice of birds and record down together with the video.
+ Q: Can I watch this bird box camera on a smartphone or tablet?
- A: Yes, install the iCSee app or software on mobile devices, connect the camera to the network, you can watch live feeds on the smartphone, tablet, PC anytime anywhere easily.
+ Q: Will the camera work on a Mac?
- A: While you can’t initially set up the Wi-Fi camera using a Mac, you can download free software for macOS to view the cameras.
+ Q: Does your bird box cameras provide a color image?
- A: Yes, this outdoor WiFi bird box camera is equipped with both daytime and infrared LEDs to deliver high-quality color images by day and crisp black-and-white images at night/in low-light conditions. Both LEDs can be manually turned on/off via the app. Beware the daytime LEDs are limited to daytime use only and must be turned off in advance if you’re observing nocturnal birds/animals.
+ Q: Can the live video also be viewed outside of your own WiFi home network?
- A: Yes. You can view the camera live streaming from anywhere around the world as long as you add your camera to the app successfully and your home WiFi network is connected to the Internet.
+ Q: Can the camera be accessed on multiple mobile devices simultaneously? Namely, can other people view my camera on their own iPad or tablet etc.?
- A: Yes. You only need to share your app account and password or the camera’s ID with them. They can view the camera after they install the iCSee app.
+ Q: Can the camera also record video with an SD card installed?
- A: Yes. You can record video locally by adding a 128GB max. microSD card to the camera. Likewise, only microSD cards of at least class 10 and marked “High Endurance”should be used. The micro SD card is being sold separately.
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Outdoor Mini Camera Improves System Reliability
Green backyard eventually launched the ultimate outdoor version mini box camera for bird watching or multi-purpose applications for various wildlife. Keep reading to know more information and make clear how the outdoor box camera benefits nature watching. Read more
Get Better Viewing with Daytime LEDs & Invisible Night Vision
With ever-increasing needs for bird watching or getting close to nature, technology has been developed and applied to help nature lovers or bird watchers get handy ways to remotely view clear video of birds or wildlife on their smartphones, or tablets or PC, and TV as well. Bird box cameras, bird feeder cameras, or some other digital cameras are opted and used widely these days. Read more