WiFi bird box camera is an advanced camera system for bird lovers to find out the mysteries of birds without network cabling.
With the free app and motion activated push message, you can know the best timing to watch birds inside the bird box on your mobile devices at anytime and anywhere.
WiFi bird box camera allows you to watch wildlife on your phone or computer without having to run a video cable from the bird box. Setting up a bird box camera is a fantastic way for any nature lovers to get closer to the wildlife right in their backyard. And this also makes it a great project for families, or a learning aid for schools, because you can share the camera with them.
This tiny device can be installed inside the bird box, it is 1080p camera features with night vision LEDs and adjustable wide angle lens and TF SD card slot that can get 24/7 footage of your nesting birds and capture high quality video of everything inside. And with motion detection, you can choose the recording mold and easily know the mark of bird activities in the video on your iPad with the free app. It also can send you a notification push message, telling the best timing for watching birds’ activities when it detects any change inside the nest box.
+ How it works
- 1. The WiFi bird box camera is installed inside the birdhouse to watch birds.
- 2. The signal is sent wirelessly to home. The accessible distance range of WiFi signal is up to 15 meters.
- 3. It connects to your home internet router’s WiFi signal.
- 4. This camera is able to transmit 1080P HD live video to your PC computer or other mobile devices.
- 5. Link to your home WiFi and set up the app on ipad, you can remotely watch the exciting bird activities inside the bird box at anytime and anywhere.
- Convenient WiFi connectivity saves network cabling
- Watch birds on mobile phone,ipad, Mac
- Message notification when birds move
- TF SD Card Recording (Memory Card is NOT Included)
- Clear instructions for easy installation
- Hear ture- to-life sound of birds
- Colour HD 1080p video
- Adjustable 2.8mm wide-angle lens to get optimal focus
- Invisible clear night vision
- Tiny size fits into custom nest box
- Share the camera
- Free software works with Apple Mac/PC
- Outdoor waterproof 10m power extension cable included
+ What is included?
- 1. Waterproof 10 meters DC extension cable
- 2. WiFi Bird Box Camera
- 3. DC12V power adaptor
- 4. Bracket and screws pack
- 5. Gift Box
Input voltage: +12 VDC
Power consumption: 6 W (max)
Sensor type: 1/3 inch Type CMOS Sensor
Sensor pixels: 1920*1080
Sensitivity: 0.5 lx (IR off) 0 lx (IR on)
Main-stream Resolution: 1920*1080@20fps, 1280*720@25fps
Sub-stream Resolution: 4CIF@25fps
Video compression: H.265, H.264 MP (Main Profile)
3D DNR: Yes
- Night vision
Distance: <1 m
LED: 4 LEDs high efficiency array, 850 nm
Lens type: 2.8 mm MP lens, Fixed Iris F1.4
Field of View: H: 102º
Lens mount: Board mounted
Day & Night: Auto ICR Switch
Audio input: Built-in mic
Audio compression: G.711 (live and recording)
- Software Control
Unit configuration: Via web browser or PC surveillance software
- Local Storage
Memory card slot: Supports up to 128 GB micro SD card(SD card sells separately)
Recording: Continuous recording, Motion/schedule recording
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP,ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP,SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE,UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operating temperature Camera: -20 ºC to 55 ºC
Storage temperature: -20 ºC to 70 ºC
Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Ordering Information
WIFI Bird Box Camera: 4901-18
+ Q:What mobile devices does the app work with?
- A: Support most of Android and iOS mobile devices. Actually, you can test our live birdhouse camera in official site with your smart phone or tablet.
+ Q: Can I watch this birdhouse camera on smart phone or tablet?
- A: Yes, install the app or software on mobile devices, connect the camera to network, you can view on smart phone , tablet, PC anytime anywhere easily.
The is the app and software download link:
+ Q: Can the live video also be viewed outside of your own WiFi home network?
- A: Yes. You can view the camera live streaming from anywhere around the world as long as you add you camera to the app successfully and your home wifi network is connected to the Internet .
+ Q: Can the camera be accessed on multiple mobile devices simultaneously? Namely, can other people view my camera on their own ipad or tablet etc.?
- A: Yes.You only need to share your app account and password or the camera’s ID with them.They can view the camera after they install the app. More information can see in the instruction:
+ Q: Can I watch the camera on my computer?
- A: Yes, we offer free software CMS5 for you to have a full access to camera, you can watch the birds or record the video on your PC or computer.
+ Q: Will the camera work on a Mac?
- A: While you can’t initially set up the Wi-Fi camera using a Mac, you can download free software for macOS to view the cameras.
+ Q: Does your bird box cameras provide color image?
- A: Yes, you can view or record color image during the daytimewith our bird box cameras. While at low light condition, the invisible night vision LED will switch on, and provides black-and-white images. If the bird box is too dark for getting color image at daytime, you can try to make hole on the side panel of your birdhouse or choose our birdhouse directly.
+ Q: Can the camera also record video with SD card installed?
- A: Yes. You can record video locallyby adding a 128GB max. microSD card to the camera. Likewise, only microSD cards of at least class 10 and marked “High Endurance” should be used.
Here you can find the detail information of suitable micro SD card:
+ Q: Can the birdhouse camera record audio?
- A: Yes.Our birdhouse camera comes witha mini built-inmicrophone, so you can hear the voice of birds and record down together with the video.
+ Q: Does the Wireless bird box camera need to connect to a power outlet?
- A: Yes.Although the Wireless Bird Box Camera adapt WiFi connectivity,it still requires external power source to supply it to work. Moreover, waterproof 10 meters DC extension power cord is included to solve the issue likethe nearest power outlet is a little bit far away from the birdhouse. Or you can use suitable battery pack to power if needed.
+ Q: What should I concern during the installation?
- A: The wireless signal strength. You can test the WiFi coverage with your mobile phone and the signal should be better than average. Otherwise, you may add Wi-Fi repeater to enhance the Wi-Fi signal around the birdhouse mounting location. Here you can find the instruction.
+ Q: Can the camera also be operated with a power bank? How long is the service life of the camera with a power bank?
- A: Yes. The camera can be powered by suitable power bank or battery pack. According to your needs, you can choose battery packs with different power capacity and the working time will be vary. Besides, the battery pack can be protected from all weathers with the enclosure.
+ Q: Does this camera work on my 5.8 GHz Wi0Fi network?
- A：No, this camera only operates on the 2.4 GHz bandWiFi router. For dual-band WiF-i networks with separated SSIDs, You need to connect the camera to the “2.4Ghz” WiFi.
+ Q：What is the size of the camera? Can it be installed in my bird box？
- A: The size is about 44*44*33mm. It is an extremely mini camera suits for most of the birdhouses on the market.
+ Q: If a bird bites the camera, there is a danger of electric shock?
- A: There should be no danger of electric shock. The camera is with low risk working under low voltage.
+ Q: Does this camera have zoom in and out?
- A: No, but you can physically zoom in and out the lens when live video displaying on your ipad or smart phone.
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Try our live camera
Green Backyard offers free online examples of our nest box cameras. Simply test our products with your mobile phone. Install the app from the Apple Store or Google Play. In less than 2 minutes you can see the high quality of the pictures. Read more
Message alert while birds arrive
Bird watching or birding allows bird lovers in all groups and age to gain great enjoyment when learning the bird activities, especially if they are using a suitable bird camera with advanced convenient functions. As the customers who had experienced of bird watching said that 99% of time during birding is boring which really challenges their patience and time. Read more