Our outdoor bat box camera gives you easier access to bat watching with invisible night vision to ensure 24/7 continuous recording without disturbing the roosting bats.
Help our endangered allies by providing them with a comfortable shelter. An outdoor bat house is a great alternative to chemicals when it comes to deinsectization.
Small and fast as their feathered counterparts, bats are indeed the most challenging creatures to take pictures of. But by using this bat box camera kit, you’ll be able to have a closer look at these diligent scavengers even in the dead of night. This gift kit contains an outdoor mini WiFi camera and a cedar bat house, a true bargain for bat lovers or wildlife enthusiasts.
The outdoor mini WiFi camera (registered design number: 6106499) employs a 2.5mm wide-angle lens (120°) with an adjustable focus. It features a wildlife-friendly night vision to generate crisp black and white images by night with its invisible infrared LEDs. Beware that this bat box camera is equipped with daytime LEDs, which must be turned off before mounting the camera into the bat box. It is completely waterproof, equipped with a rugged metallic antenna to enhance the WiFi signal. And most importantly, it will not emit any ultrasonic noise that will deter the bats. Audio recording is available with a highly sensitive microphone. Watch live or recorded footage in 3MP on your smartphone, tablet or PC via a free app. Sensitive motion detection with instant notifications ensures you never miss a moment. Account sharing enables convenient sharing among family and trusted friends. This outdoor WiFi bat box camera supports SD card storage (SD card not included).
Handcrafted from high-quality cedar wood, this bat box is naturally weatherproof, resistant to rot, decay and insect infestation. It is a three-chambered bat box with a grooved interior and external perches, making it easier for bats to land and roost. The black rooftop maximizes heat absorption since bats are attracted to a dark-colored shelter with great thermal control. And the narrow interior dimensions are also helpful for heat retention. The cedar bat box is shipped pre-assembled, ready for instant mounting. The air vent on the frontal panel and the hollow bottom help to facilitate ventilation and create a dry and comfortable living space.
+ How it works
1. Activate and configure the camera via the app.
2. Insert the memory card (not included) into the SD card slot and seal it with a sticker.
3. Video and audio is transmitted wirelessly via WiFi to your router.
4. Watch live feeds anywhere you go, using a smartphone, tablet and PC.
- A complete kit to start bat watching
- Watch 3MP live videos on smartphone, tablet and PC
- Completely waterproof, weatherproof
- Invisible night vision with infrared LEDs
- Adjustable lens with a wider viewing angle (120°)
- Motion detection with instant message alerts
- Rugged metallic antenna with improved WiFi signals
- Three-chambered bat house made of top-quality cedar
- Naturally resistant to insects and weatherproof
- Durable and solid construction for long-term use
- Spacious living space to accommodate 25+ bats
- Pre-assembled, easy to install and maintain
+ What is included?
- 1. Outdoor Mini WiFi Camera
- 2. Cedar Bat Box
- 3. Waterproof 10 meters DC extension cable
- 4. DC12V power adaptor
- 5. Bracket and screws pack
- 6. Gift Box
Input voltage: +12 VDC
Power consumption:2.5 W (max)
Sensor type: 1/3 inch Type CMOS Sensor
Sensor pixels: 2288*1288
Sensitivity: 0.5 lx (IR off) 0 lx (IR on)
Main-stream Resolution: 2288*1288@15fps, 1920*1080@25fps
Sub-stream Resolution: 4CIF@25fps
Video compression: H.265, H.264 MP (Main Profile)
3D DNR: Yes
- Night vision
Distance: < 1 m LED: 4 LEDs high efficiency array, 940 nm
Lens type: 2.5 mm MP lens, Fixed Iris F1.4
Field of View: H: 120º
Lens mount: Board mounted
Day & Night: Auto ICR Switch
Audio input: Built-in mic
Audio compression: G.711 (live and recording)
- Software Control
Unit configuration: Via web browser or PC surveillance software
- Local Storage
Memory card slot: Supports up to 128 GB micro SD card(SD card sells separately)
Recording: Continuous recording, Motion/schedule recording
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP,ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP,SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE,UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operating temperature Camera: -20 ºC to 55 ºC
Storage temperature: -20 ºC to 70 ºC
Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
+ Q:What mobile devices does the app work with?
- A: Support most of Android and iOS mobile devices. Actually, you can test our live birdhouse camera in official site with your smart phone or tablet.
+ Q: Can I watch this birdhouse camera on smart phone or tablet?
- A: Yes, install the app or software on mobile devices, connect the camera to network, you can view on smart phone , tablet, PC anytime anywhere easily.
The is the app and software download link:
+ Q: Can the live video also be viewed outside of your own WiFi home network?
- A: Yes. You can view the camera live streaming from anywhere around the world as long as you add you camera to the app successfully and your home wifi network is connected to the Internet .
+ Q: Can the camera be accessed on multiple mobile devices simultaneously? Namely, can other people view my camera on their own ipad or tablet etc.?
- A: Yes.You only need to share your app account and password or the camera’s ID with them.They can view the camera after they install the app. More information can see in the instruction:
+ Q: Can I watch the camera on my computer?
- A: Yes, we offer free software CMS5 for you to have a full access to camera, you can watch the birds or record the video on your PC or computer.
+ Q: Will the camera work on a Mac?
- A: While you can’t initially set up the Wi-Fi camera using a Mac, you can download free software for macOS to view the cameras.
+ Q: Does your bird box cameras provide color image?
- A: Yes, you can view or record color image during the daytimewith our bird box cameras. While at low light condition, the invisible night vision LED will switch on, and provides black-and-white images. If the bird box is too dark for getting color image at daytime, you can try to make hole on the side panel of your birdhouse or choose our birdhouse directly.
+ Q: Can the camera also record video with SD card installed?
- A: Yes. You can record video locallyby adding a 128GB max. microSD card to the camera. Likewise, only microSD cards of at least class 10 and marked “High Endurance” should be used.
Here you can find the detail information of suitable micro SD card:
+ Q: Can the birdhouse camera record audio?
- A: Yes.Our birdhouse camera comes witha mini built-inmicrophone, so you can hear the voice of birds and record down together with the video.
+ Q: Does the Wireless bird box camera need to connect to a power outlet?
- A: Yes.Although the Wireless Bird Box Camera adapt WiFi connectivity,it still requires external power source to supply it to work. Moreover, waterproof 10 meters DC extension power cord is included to solve the issue likethe nearest power outlet is a little bit far away from the birdhouse. Or you can use suitable battery pack to power if needed.
+ Q: What should I concern during the installation?
- A: The wireless signal strength. You can test the WiFi coverage with your mobile phone and the signal should be better than average. Otherwise, you may add Wi-Fi repeater to enhance the Wi-Fi signal around the birdhouse mounting location. Here you can find the instruction.
+ Q: Can the camera also be operated with a power bank? How long is the service life of the camera with a power bank?
- A: Yes. The camera can be powered by suitable power bank or battery pack. According to your needs, you can choose battery packs with different power capacity and the working time will be vary. Besides, the battery pack can be protected from all weathers with the enclosure.
+ Q: Does this camera work on my 5.8 GHz Wi0Fi network?
- A：No, this camera only operates on the 2.4 GHz bandWiFi router. For dual-band WiF-i networks with separated SSIDs, You need to connect the camera to the “2.4Ghz” WiFi.
+ Q：What is the size of the camera? Can it be installed in my bird box？
- A: The size is about 46*46*43mm. It is an extremely mini camera suits for most of the birdhouses on the market.
+ Q: If a bird bites the camera, there is a danger of electric shock?
- A: There should be no danger of electric shock. The camera is with low risk working under low voltage.
+ Q: Does this camera have zoom in and out?
- A: No, but you can physically zoom in and out the lens when live video displaying on your ipad or smart phone.
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Outdoor Mini Camera Improves System Reliability
Green backyard eventually launched the ultimate outdoor version mini box camera for bird watching or multi-purpose applications for various wildlife. Keep reading to know more information and make clear how the outdoor box camera benefits nature watching. Read more
Get Better Viewing with Daytime LEDs & Invisible Night Vision
With ever-increasing needs for bird watching or getting close to nature, technology has been developed and applied to help nature lovers or bird watchers get handy ways to remotely view clear video of birds or wildlife on their smartphones, or tablets or PC, and TV as well. Bird box cameras, bird feeder cameras, or some other digital cameras are opted and used widely these days. Read more
There are no reviews yet.