This versatile mini WiFi IP camera makes wildlife monitoring and streaming easier-watch live feeds straight from your mobile devices without any distortion.
Ideal for research and conservation projects. Invisible night vision with no-glow flashes will not scare away any wildlife, even the most sensitive creatures like birds.
This versatile mini WiFi IP camera opens up the undiscovered worlds of wildlife from a safer distance. Apart from the traditional applications in a birdhouse, it can also be installed in owl boxes and hedgehog boxes to help you learn about the living habits of nocturnal animals. Place the camera inside a squirrel box to watch how those fluffy acrobats raise the baby squirrels.
Launched by Green Backyard, it is a fully-featured wildlife camera. Its compact design makes it easy to fit in any standard-sized nest boxes or feeders without taking up too much space. Its wireless connectivity gives you great flexibility on where to place the camera. Please note that this original version is, however, not waterproof. Extra protection is demanded to prevent water ingress.
This versatile mini WiFi IP camera has a 2.8 mm wide-angle lens with adjustable focus to provide a field of view of 102°. It produces high-quality close-up shots without reducing the clarity. Thanks to its animal-friendly night vision design with invisible infrared LEDs, the mini wildlife camera delivers colorful high-resolution (1080p) images during the day and sharp black-and-white images when all the natural light fades out. Audio is available with a built-in microphone.
Working collaboratively with a free app (applicable to both Android and iOS systems), it allows you to watch the videos remotely on any digital device like smartphone or tablet and share interesting live feeds with your families and friends. Smart motion detection makes sure the users will get notified the instant the sensor is triggered. This versatile mini WiFi camera supports both MicroSD card (not included) and PC software storage for daily playbacks.
+ How it works
1. The WiFi bird box camera is installed inside the birdhouse to watch birds.
2. The signal is sent wirelessly to home. The accessible distance range of WiFi signal is up to 15 meters.
3. It connects to your home internet router’s WiFi signal.
4. This camera is able to transmit 1080P HD live video to your PC computer or other mobile devices.
5. Link to your home WiFi and set up the app on ipad, you can remotely watch the exciting bird activities inside the bird box at anytime and anywhere.
- 1080p full HD color image
- Watch on smartphone, tablet or PC
- Motion detection with message notifications
- Simple plug-and-play installation
- True-to-life audio: built-in microphone
- 2.5mm wide-angle lens with an adjustable focus
- Invisible night vision with infrared LEDs
- SD card (not included)/PC software storage
+ What is included?
- 1. Waterproof 10 meters DC extension cable
- 2. Versatile Mini WiFi IP Camera
- 3. DC12V power adaptor
- 4. Bracket and screws pack
- 5. Gift Box
Input voltage: +12 VDC
Power consumption: 6 W (max)
Sensor type: 1/3 inch Type CMOS Sensor
Sensor pixels: 1920*1080
Sensitivity: 0.5 lx (IR off) 0 lx (IR on)
Main-stream Resolution: 1920*1080@20fps, 1280*720@25fps
Sub-stream Resolution: 4CIF@25fps
Video compression: H.265, H.264 MP (Main Profile)
3D DNR: Yes
- Night vision
Distance: <1 m
LED: 4 LEDs high efficiency array, 940 nm
Lens type: 2.8 mm MP lens, Fixed Iris F1.4
Field of View: H: 102º
Lens mount: Board mounted
Day & Night: Auto ICR Switch
Audio input: Built-in mic
Audio compression: G.711 (live and recording)
- Software Control
Unit configuration: Via web browser or PC surveillance software
- Local Storage
Memory card slot: Supports up to 128 GB micro SD card(SD card sells separately)
Recording: Continuous recording, Motion/schedule recording
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP,ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP,SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE,UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Operating temperature Camera: -20 ºC to 55 ºC
Storage temperature: -20 ºC to 70 ºC
Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
+ Q:What mobile devices does the app work with?
- A: Support most of Android and iOS mobile devices. Actually, you can test our live birdhouse camera in official site with your smart phone or tablet.
+ Q: Can I watch this birdhouse camera on smart phone or tablet?
- A: Yes, install the app or software on mobile devices, connect the camera to network, you can view on smart phone , tablet, PC anytime anywhere easily.
The is the app and software download link:
+ Q: Can the live video also be viewed outside of your own WiFi home network?
- A: Yes. You can view the camera live streaming from anywhere around the world as long as you add you camera to the app successfully and your home wifi network is connected to the Internet .
+ Q: Can the camera be accessed on multiple mobile devices simultaneously? Namely, can other people view my camera on their own ipad or tablet etc.?
- A: Yes.You only need to share your app account and password or the camera’s ID with them.They can view the camera after they install the app. More information can see in the instruction:
+ Q: Can I watch the camera on my computer?
- A: Yes, we offer free software CMS5 for you to have a full access to camera, you can watch the birds or record the video on your PC or computer.
+ Q: Will the camera work on a Mac?
- A: While you can’t initially set up the Wi-Fi camera using a Mac, you can download free software for macOS to view the cameras.
+ Q: Does your bird box cameras provide color image?
- A: Yes, you can view or record color image during the daytimewith our bird box cameras. While at low light condition, the invisible night vision LED will switch on, and provides black-and-white images. If the bird box is too dark for getting color image at daytime, you can try to make hole on the side panel of your birdhouse or choose our birdhouse directly.
+ Q: Can the camera also record video with SD card installed?
- A: Yes. You can record video locallyby adding a 128GB max. microSD card to the camera. Likewise, only microSD cards of at least class 10 and marked “High Endurance” should be used.
Here you can find the detail information of suitable micro SD card:
+ Q: Can the birdhouse camera record audio?
- A: Yes.Our birdhouse camera comes witha mini built-inmicrophone, so you can hear the voice of birds and record down together with the video.
+ Q: Does the Wireless bird box camera need to connect to a power outlet?
- A: Yes.Although the Wireless Bird Box Camera adapt WiFi connectivity,it still requires external power source to supply it to work. Moreover, waterproof 10 meters DC extension power cord is included to solve the issue likethe nearest power outlet is a little bit far away from the birdhouse. Or you can use suitable battery pack to power if needed.
+ Q: What should I concern during the installation?
- A: The wireless signal strength. You can test the WiFi coverage with your mobile phone and the signal should be better than average. Otherwise, you may add Wi-Fi repeater to enhance the Wi-Fi signal around the birdhouse mounting location. Here you can find the instruction.
+ Q: Can the camera also be operated with a power bank? How long is the service life of the camera with a power bank?
- A: Yes. The camera can be powered by suitable power bank or battery pack. According to your needs, you can choose battery packs with different power capacity and the working time will be vary. Besides, the battery pack can be protected from all weathers with the enclosure.
+ Q: Does this camera work on my 5.8 GHz Wi0Fi network?
- A：No, this camera only operates on the 2.4 GHz bandWiFi router. For dual-band WiF-i networks with separated SSIDs, You need to connect the camera to the “2.4Ghz” WiFi.
+ Q：What is the size of the camera? Can it be installed in my bird box？
- A: The size is about 44*44*33mm. It is an extremely mini camera suits for most of the birdhouses on the market.
+ Q: If a bird bites the camera, there is a danger of electric shock?
- A: There should be no danger of electric shock. The camera is with low risk working under low voltage.
+ Q: Does this camera have zoom in and out?
- A: No, but you can physically zoom in and out the lens when live video displaying on your ipad or smart phone.
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Try our live camera
Green Backyard offers free online examples of our nest box cameras. Simply test our products with your mobile phone. Install the app from the Apple Store or Google Play. In less than 2 minutes you can see the high quality of the pictures. Read more
Message alert while birds arrive
Bird watching or birding allows bird lovers in all groups and age to gain great enjoyment when learning the bird activities, especially if they are using a suitable bird camera with advanced convenient functions. As the customers who had experienced of bird watching said that 99% of time during birding is boring which really challenges their patience and time. Read more