Important: The camera only works with 2.4Ghz. Before you try to connect the camera to your home WiFi, please make sure you do have an independent name for 2.4Ghz WiFi. If you have dual-band WiFi, you should have an independent name for 2.4Ghz WiFi. If both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz have been combining to a single WiFi name, the camera can’t tell which one is which. If you are not so sure, you can send us the model number of your WiFi router.
The first method should switch off the camera’s WiFi hot spot. The second method should activate the camera’s WiFi hot spot.
Section 1 Switch off the camera’s WiFi hotspot
1.Please power up the camera and wait… until you hear the camera making the click sound.
2.Next, press the reset button and hold it for 15 seconds, then release. Wait until you hear the click sound again. The camera has been reset. You should see no WiFi hot spot from the camera anymore.
Section 2 Connect to the camera
1. First, Plug your camera into the power cord, wait for 2 minutes for the camera to boot up. You should hear the camera making clicks sound a couple of seconds after you power up the camera. The click sound means the camera has booted up successfully.
2. Next, log in to the app. Click on the “+” sign on the next screen in the upper right-hand corner. DO NOT choose any of the options yet. Move to the next step.
3. Please go to your mobile phone setting, find 3G/4G mobile data and Bluetooth, turn mobile data and Bluetooth off.
4. Now return to iCSee, choose the first option “WiFi Camera”, On the following two pages, please ignore the prompt message, and tap “Next” twice. Here you should see the current home WiFi network your mobile phone is connected to (make sure it is 2.4Ghz WiFi). Enter your password for this Wi-Fi network.
NOTE: If you want to double-check your password, you can tap click eye icon in the password field
5. Press “Confirm” at the bottom screen. If you already switch off 3G/4G cellular data, click “Confirm” on the prompt message. You are now taken to the next screen labeled “Turn on the QR code”. Now keep the camera about 20CM far from your mobile phone, Click “Next”, the app will create QR code which contain your router’s SSID and password. Put the camera to face the QR code. GIVE IT TIME. It may take a couple of seconds.
6. In the next screen, you will be promoted with an interface for creating a new password for the camera. If you see this page, it means the camera has been connected to your home WiFi successfully. Congratulation! please remember this is the new password for your camera, your camera is password protected after you add the new password. You need this password to connect the camera to PC software or sharing the camera with friends later.
7. Now return to the Device list, You can enjoy beautiful HD colored video! Enjoy. Meanwhile you can switch on the 3G/4G mobile data and Bluetooth on your mobile phone.
If there is no luck after radar scan count down to zero, please try one more thing below.
Now return to the home page, see whether the camera is Online. If not, please click the + button on the top right screen, and tap the option “Other distribution networks and adding methods” at the bottom, In the new screen, Choose the “Nearby Cameras” to see whether app can discover the camera in the local network.