Please follow these instructions carefully to connect your birdhouse camera to your home Wi-Fi. This will allow you to watch nest box from anywhere in the world that has a network connection. Be sure to connect to Wi-Fi BEFORE you mount your camera to wherever you are going to permanently be using your camera by following these directions. If you are not using Wi-Fi, please refer to Connect the bird box Camera with Ethernet Cable. The below instructions are for connecting camera with Wi-Fi only.
This below instruction is suitable for the WiFi birdhouse camera from Green-Backyard, Oertl, Green-feathers which are using iCSee or XMEYE mobile application. If you prefer XMEYE, please skip to the second section below. Both iCSee and XMEYE are Interchangeable.
1. First, plug your bird box camera into the power cord, wait for 2 minutes for the camera to boot up.
2. Next, login the app. Click the “+” sign at the upper right hand corner on the next screen. Click on “More” in the upper right hand corner again. You can see 5 options in the new screen. DO NOT choose any of the option yet. Move to next step.
3. (Important!) Please go to your mobile phone setting, find 3G/4G mobile data and Bluetooth, turn off mobile data and Bluetooth.
4. Next on your mobile phone, go to the Wi-Fi settings. Here in “choose a network” you should see a camera’s network. This is the internal Wi-Fi network from the bird box camera. Now Connect the camera’s Wi-Fi access point. The default password is 1234567890. Wait for a few seconds until you see the connection is stabilized. If the mobile phone switch the connection back automatically to your home WiFi, please repeat step 4th to connect to camera’s WiFi again.
5. Now return to iCSee Pro, choose last option “AP mode”. If you are using iPhone or iPad, here a new screen will pop up, choose “Direct AP connection”. If you are using android phone, tap the camera’s name in the list.
6. Now you should see the live video of camera on your mobile phone. If it keeps buffering on the screen after a few second without live video, tap the arrow on top left screen, choose last option “AP mode” to refresh the connection. So far you have connected the camera’s internal WiFi directly to watch the live video. In the following steps, you will try to connect the birdhouse camera to your home WiFi network.
7. First, in the live video, tap the settings icon on the top right screen.
8. Next choose “Network Settings”. In the new screen, choose the “Routing mode”, Here you should see the available home network appear in the list. If you didn’t see any available WiFi network, tap the arrow on the top left screen and choose the “network settings” to make a new search. Now Pick the WiFi network you want the camera to connect to, Enter your password for this Wi-Fi. (Note: this is NOT the password you established for the app earlier). If your Router supports dual band like 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, make sure you use 2.4Ghz. The camera can’t work with 5.8Ghz WiFi. If you use same name for both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz WiFi, you may need to change one of the name of the routers to separate dual band WiFi. Now click “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Press “Save” at the bottom screen. You are now taken to the next screen labeled “Device Searching”. Now your bird box camera is searching for your home wifi connection. GIVE IT TIME. It may take several seconds.
10. In the next screen, you will be prompted with interface for creating new password for the bird box camera. Tap the arrow on the top right screen will allow you by pass the password setting. If you input the password, please remember this is the new password for your bird box camera. You may need this password to connect the camera to software or sharing the camera to friends.
11. You can now watch HD colored video!
1.First, plug your bird box camera into the power cord, wait for 2 minutes for the camera to boot up.
2.Next, you need to connect your mobile phone to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. If your Router supports dual band like 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, make sure you use 2.4Ghz. The camera can’t work with 5.8Ghz WiFi. If you use same name for both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz WiFi, you may need to change one of the name of the routers to separate dual band WiFi.
3.Now on your mobile phone, go to the Wi-Fi settings, Here in “choose a network” you should see a camera’s network. Do not try to connect this network. This is the internal Wi-Fi network for the camera. You will be attaching the camera to YOUR OWN network.
4. First locate the reset button on the power cord. With a pencil tip or other pointed object you need to depress the white button three times. This removes camera’s internal Wi-Fi network so you can install your own.
5. Now on your mobile phone in the Settings>Wi-Fi screen, slide the Wi-Fi tab to TURN OFF your Wi-Fi. Now slide the tab back on to show the green ON position to allow a new search. Look in the “choose a network” and you should no longer be able to see camera’s network. ( If you still see it repeat step #4. If after repeating Step #4 the camera’s network is still on the list, reset the camera back to factory settings by depressing the reset button continuously for 15 seconds then let up. Start with Step #1 )
6. Now go to the app. You are ready to add the camera to your Wi-Fi network. Click the “+” sign on the next screen at the upper right hand corner. In the next screen, tap WiFi Config. Here you should see your home wifi already entered. (This will be the one your phone is currently using.) Enter your password for this Wi-Fi. (Note; this is NOT the password you established for the app earlier.)
7. Press “Confirm”. You are now taken to the next screen labeled “Device Searching”. Now your camera is searching for your home wifi connection. GIVE IT TIME. It may take several seconds.
8. In the next screen, you will be prompted with interface for creating new password for the camera. Remember this is the new password for your camera. You may need this password to connect the camera to PC software.
9. You can now enjoy beautiful HD colored video!
However, if the radar counts down to zero without new screen for password, you will need to reset the camera. To do this, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds on the camera. Then you repeat the above process from first step.
Need more help?