Please follow these instructions carefully to connect your bird camera video cam to your home Wi-Fi. This will allow you to view your camera from anywhere in the world that has a network connection. Be sure to connect to Wi-Fi BEFORE you mount your camera to wherever you are going to permanently be using your camera by following these directions. If you are not using WiFi birdhouse camera, please refer to Connect the Camera with Ethernet Cable. The below instruction is for camera with Wi-Fi connectivity only.
1. First, Plug your camera into the power cord, wait for 2 minutes for the camera to boot up.
2. Next, you need to connect your mobile phone to the Wi-Fi network you want to use. If your Router supports dual band like 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz, make sure you use 2.4Ghz. The camera can’t work with 5.8Ghz WiFi.
3. Now on your mobile phone, go to the Wi-Fi settings, Here in “choose a network” you should see a network by the name of beye_*** or IPC_***. Do NOT try to connect this network. This is the internal Wi-Fi network for the camera. You will be attaching the camera to YOUR OWN network.
4. First locate the reset button on the power cord. With a pencil tip or other pointed object you need to depress the white button three times. (See Video below) This removes camera’s internal Wi-Fi network so you can install your own.
WATCH THE VIDEO
How to press the reset button 3 times
5. Now on your mobile phone in the Settings>Wi-Fi screen, slide the Wi-Fi tab to TURN OFF your Wi-Fi. Now slide the tab back on to show the green ON position to allow a new search. Look in the “choose a network” and you should no longer be able to see the “beye_*** or IPC_***” network. ( If you still see it repeat step #4. If after repeating Step #4 the “beye_*** or IPC_***” network is still on the list, reset the camera back to factory settings by depressing the reset button continuously for 15 seconds then let up. Start with Step #1 )
6. Now go to the app. You are ready to add the camera to your Wi-Fi network. Click on “I know” and then click on the “+” sign on the next screen in the upper right hand corner. In the next screen click on “Set up my device to Wi-Fi.
7. Click on “Next Step” in the next screen named Router Setting. Here you should see your home wifi already entered. (This will be the one your phone is currently using.) Enter your password for this Wi-Fi. (Note; this is NOT the password you established for the app earlier.)
NOTE: If you want to double check your password, you can tap click eye icon in the password field
8. Press “Confirm”. You are now taken to the next screen labeled “Device Searching”. Now your camera is searching for your home wifi connection. GIVE IT TIME. It may take several seconds.
9. In the next screen, you will be promoted with interface for creating new password for the camera. Remember this is the new password for your camera. You may need this password to connect the camera to PC software.
10. You can now enjoy beautiful HD colored video!
However, if the radar counts down to zero without new screen for password, you will need to reset the camera. To do this, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds on the camera. Then you repeat the above process from first step.
You can see the video below.