If you are using the IP bird box camera, usually the video is recorded in h.264 or h.265 format. This video format is not so friendly for most of the player. You may can’t playback files on the typical player. You can use the tool below to convert the H.264 and H.265 files to mp4. The mp4 files may still can’t play directly by windows media players or Mac quick time player as some of the codec is required. However, it works with the open source players such as VLC player which are available on both apple Mac and windows PC.
1. First, download and install the PC software with below URL.
2. Next, Right click the zip files and select “Extract All…” to unzip the file.
3. Now, right click the files and choose “Run as administrator”.
4. In the pop up screen, Choose “Yes”, so the software can be installed in your windows 10.
5. If “Windows protected your PC pop up”, Click “More info” to process the installation.
6. Next, in the tool, click “Choice” to select the files you would like to convert.
7. Now in the pop up screen, select the “files type”.
8. Next select the “Path” to locate the saving folder. Then click “Start” to convert the files.
9. Now go to the saving folder and try to playback the files. The default windows media player or quick time player may can’t play the files. Please use the 3rd party player such VLC player instead.
How to enable birdhouse camera’s motion recording( iOS & Android )
How to set birdhouse camera to send push message to mobile phone( iOS & Android )