If you have installed micro SD card to the birdhouse camera, it will start recording automatically once it is powered up. There is no need to remove the micro SD card to retrieve the recording files. The below instructions will guide you to watch and download the recording files from bird box camera online by using the app. The camera also can be set to recorded as long as the motion is detected inside the nest box.
This below instruction is suitable for the IP (WiFi) birdhouse camera from Green-Backyard, Gardenature, Oertl, Green-feathers, and Handykam which are using iCSee or XMEYE mobile application. If you prefer XMEYE, please skip to the second section below. Both iCSee and XMEYE are Interchangeable.
1. In the live video, tap the “Playback” on bottom left screen.
2. Now tap the video, in the new screen, you should see the recording files bar with screenshot preview. Tap one of the screenshot to view the recording files.
3. Next, you can tap the calendar on the top right hand corner to select the other date.
Note: the camera requires correct time setting to save files, otherwise you have to choose the date from calendar to locate the recording files. Sync the correct time with your mobile phone is to avoid this issue.
4. In the bottom left hand corner, there are “Alarm” and “Regular” option. Choose “Alarm” option will only present the recording files with motion activated alarm.
5. Now press one of the screenshot preview for a few seconds, download button will appear in the bottom screen. Next, tap one of the screen preview to select the download files. Tap the download button, the app will start downloading the files from the camera to your mobile app.
6. Now tap the arrow icon top left hand corner to return to device list.
7. Next tap the “Mobile Storage” on the bottom to view the saving files.
8. Now, tap the “Save” icon on top right hand corner, you can select the files you would like to import to mobile phone.
1. First login the XMEYE and tap the home icon at the middle of tool bar.
2. Now choose “Record Download”. Here choose either download by file or by time. In order to download by file, firstly mark the checkbox of the files, next, tap the “Record Download” at the bottom screen. The application will start download the video files from the camera.
3. In order to download by time, tap the “by time”, in the next screen, tap the time line to choose rough time, and move the scale bar to specific time video section for download. Now tap the “Record Download” at the bottom screen. The application will start download the video files from the camera.
How to enable birdhouse camera’s motion recording( iOS & Android )