The VLC player is free open source software which allow you to view the bird box camera on Mac. You can even record the live video from birdhouse camera and save as avi files to your Mac. There are function such as digital zoom available with VLC player.
This below instruction is suitable for the IP (WiFi) birdhouse camera from Green-Backyard, Gardenature, Oertl, Green-feathers, and Handykam which are using iCSee or XMEYE mobile application. Both iCSee and XMEYE are Interchangeable.
1. Firstly download the software to your Mac with below link.
2. Next, Double click the file to unzip, It will take couple second. In the pop up screen, drag the VLC icon into your application folder, give it a time. It will take another couple seconds.
3. Now go to application folder. Double click the VLC icon in the application. It will take some time to verify. Click “Open” in the pop up screen.
4. In the VLC player, find the “Open Network” under the files. In the next screen, input the following RTSP command URL. Click “OK” the URL will be saved to the playlist.
(Replace the IP address to your camera and add the password field. The default password of camera is empty)
5. Now double check the playlist to watch the live video from the camera.