What Personal Information We Collect?
Personal Information means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a specific person. At Green Backyard, we believe you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need.
As a general rule, Green Backyard does not collect any Personal Information about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting Personal Information via our website is voluntary. The information we may receive from you depends on what you do when you visit our website.
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources. These sources include personal information that:
- You give to us directly (e.g., when you sign up for things like newsletters, sweepstakes, surveys or promotions or register for an account on our Sites and provide information like your name, email address and phone number);
- We collect from other sources and partners (e.g., when we purchase personal information about you from a third party to better personalize your experience or market to your interests).
The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact Information, such as your name, postal address and/or zip code, email address, and telephone/mobile number; we may also collect your child’s name and date of birth from you;
- Account Information, such as your username and password (e.g., if you choose to create an account on the Site);
- Payment Information, data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information;
- Purchase History Information, such as when you make a purchase from us;
- Other Information You Provide to Us, details such as the content of your communications with Green Backyard, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels
You are not obliged to provide the personal data that we request. However, if you do not, in many cases we will not be able to provide our products or services to you or respond to your requests.
How We Use Your Information?
We process your information for specific purposes and only process Personal Information relevant to the achievement of that purpose. We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
(1) to provide the Services, which include delivery, offerings improvement, data analysis, troubleshooting and supporting.
(2) to improve and develop our Services.
(3) to protect the security and prevent criminal activity, such as fraud.
(4) to comply with applicable law.
(5) to communicate with you.
We may also use your information for other purposes. We use your information only when we have a valid legal basis.
Protection of Personal Information at Green Backyard
At Green Backyard, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, as well as the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve these security measures to ensure the safety of your personal data. However, it cannot be guaranteed that data transmission over the Internet will be completely secure. Therefore, although we take such measures, we do not guarantee the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data under our control, and you provide personal data to us at your own risk. You should always be aware of how you handle and disclose your personal information, and you should avoid sending personal information through unsecured email, social media, or other Internet channels.
Third-Party Websites and External Links
Green Backyard uses social media websites and other kinds of third-party websites. In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, and geographic location (e.g., State, region, or zip code) for account registration purposes. Green Backyard links to many websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. If you click on a link to an external website, you are leaving the Green Backyard website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website. Please carefully read the policies of any websites or services you visit on the Internet. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites or services not operated by or exclusively for us, and the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you is subject to applicable policies on those websites.
Updates and Notifications
External Payment Service Providers
We use external payment service providers to meet different platforms users so that we can make payment transactions. If you provide us with your credit card number or PayPal account to get the payment options, we will treat your personal information in a secure manner. We pass your personal data in the checkout, such as contact and order details, and they might access the information to confirm if you are qualified to use their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. To know more information about these payment service providers(eg., PayPal, Visa, Matercard, American Express), you can read their privacy policies on their websites.